4.23.2012

DIY Monogram Polka Dot Totes

monogrammed polka dot bags 6


It’s Springtime and time to start thinking end-of-year teacher gifts! Or, hey, these cute bags could be given as gifts for any occasion. Or better yet, just whipped up for your own adorable self – ha! My large polka dot design was inspired by some darling designer bags I saw on Zulily – wish I could remember the designer!!!

monogrammed polka dot bags 5


You can find a 3-pack of canvas totes at Wal-Mart.

monogrammed polka dot bags 3


Use a cup to pencil in circles for you large polka dots. Then paint them in with acrylic craft paint mixed with a little bit of water.

monogrammed polka dot bags 4


After allowing the circles/dots to dry thoroughly, go back and pencil in , then paint the monogram initial in wherever you like. I used a paint color that matched the canvas of the bag, thereby giving it “stenciled” look.

monogrammed polka dot bags 2


I’m planning to give these to my 4th grader’s teachers with summertime goodies stuffed inside. Hopefully, the bags will send them off to summer vacation in style!

Linking to many of the great parties on my Linkies Page as well as:

Sweet Anne Designs

CY, Laurie

Pin It

1 comment:

SayNotSweetAnne said...

Wow, from the pictures it really LOOKS stenciled! This is a really great teacher gift, or even a party favor. I think you can buy even smaller blank canvas bags at Hobby Lobby as well - man my head is swimming with the possibilities! If you're not too busy, I'd love if you would come link up to Sweet Sharing Monday! http://saynotsweetanne.com/2012/sweet-sharing-monday-2/