9.25.2011

Jewel Tone Double Fall Wreath

yoyo wreath 2

Happy Official Fall everyone! So glad to welcome in my favorite season!

As I’m decorating our home for autumn, I'm not feeling the orange this year (though I think the color itself is gorgeous!), so I’m using vibrant jewel tones in my indoor and outdoor seasonal decor.

yoyo wreath 1


The small wreath on the inside, I wrapped with citrine green smocked fabric with a ruffled edge. The large outer wreath, I wrapped with a bright darker green fabric, then pinned fabric yoyo-like designs to it.

yoyo wreath 6


I made the “yoyos” by wrapping fabric around a metal can lid and gathering/tying it in the middle, then fluffing it out. Very simple, with cute results! Lastly, I tied the two wreaths together with coordinating fabric strips.

yoyo wreath 4


yoyo wreath 3

So glad you stopped by today and hope you are enjoying the advent of autumn as much as I am!
What do you love most about Fall?

CY, Laurie

7 comments:

Rosenbergh Fam said...

Love this! I bought this random wooden chicken at goodwill and I was planning on painting him these colors!!

Katie said...

I LOVE the jewel tones! So bright and colorful! Love the double wreath too!

Amy said...

Great colors! Never thought to do a double wreath either! Would you link this up to a door decor challenge?

http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/falling-for-crafts-challenge-3-door.html

Rachel said...

Beautiful! I love these jewel tones for fall. I would love it if you would stop by and share at the crafty link party going on right now at Lines Across My Face.
I hope to see you soon,
Rachel
http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2011/09/cure-for-common-monday-10.html

Emily S said...

Love those colors! Great job!

Tausha said...

Love the double wreath idea! Love it! I am thinking that I am going to have to do this. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Tausha
sassystyleredesign.blogspot.com

Mandy @ Sugar Bee Crafts said...

Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday - you were featured today!
- - Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com