Obviously, this was back when I was just starting to photograph for the blog. Before I knew not to use a flash. Before I realized I should get up close and personal with the photo subject. Before, before, before. Not that I’m any expert now, but I have learned a few tricks!
So, all I did to make this cute take on a traditional home decor accessory was:
- Took/found a profile photograph of my cat, Waffles.
- Enlarged it on my computer to the size I wanted to silhouette.
- Traced the shape onto a white piece of paper I held up to the computer screen.
- Cut out the white paper shape and traced around it on black cardstock/construction paper. Cut out the black shape.
- Spraypainted an oval plaque I thrifted black.
- Modgepodged a pretty patterned oval onto the center of the plaque, then modgepodged black cat shape onto it.
- Used distressing ink and some diluted gold/lt. brown craft paint to “age” the design.
- After letting it all dry, spraypainted the entire plaque and design with clear coat sealant.
I’m submitting this post to Make and Takes’ pet projects request.