2.18.2011

Pretty Paper Peacock Art

peacock design 4 peacock design 1 peacock design 5 peacock design 6
image source: google
I’m noticing a peacock trend in decor lately! You simply cannot look at a peacock/feather and not see how creative God is! So gorgeous! I decided to make some peacock-inspired art myself.
peacock 3

HOW-TO
1-I simply used cardstock scrapbook paper in a variety of colors and designs and cut out the shapes that compose a peacock feather. Then, I modge-podged them onto another piece of scrap paper cut to fit my 5x7 frames. After all the pieces were glued on, I modge-podged over the entire surface of the rectangle.
2-These frames used to be painted white. I updated them by spray painting them with ORB, sanding to distress, then finishing them with clear coat spray varnish.
peacock 4

3-Last, I added captions to each piece of art:
  • Blue one says, “pavo cristatus,” the scientific name for peacock.
  • Green and ivory damask one reads, “infinitas,” because ancient Christians declared the peacock a symbol for eternity.
peacock 5

I’m giving these peacock pieces away as “just because” gifts to friends. So hoping the ladies will like them!
CY, Laurie

16 comments:

Pamela said...

They will love them! I can't believe you just cut the feathers out of scrapbook paper. Takes talent -- and your obviously have that!

Diane said...

Really, really beautifully done! :O)

Maggie said...

These are gorgeous! Lately I've been really into paper crafts so I might try it! Thanks for sharing!

Migrainista said...

What a great idea!

Jessica said...

Super cute!!!

April said...

Very pretty! I am sure they will love them! I would love for you to come link up to my Sew Crafty Party!

http://wildflowersandwhimsy.blogspot.com/2011/02/sew-crafty-saturday.html

poindextr said...

these are such pretty gifts and I really like your inscriptions too. So nice!

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

They are so cute. You are very talented. ~~Sherry~~

Lori said...

i LOVE these. gonna take the inspiration and do some peacock stuff myself!

Esther J Pragasam said...

They look pretty neat!even i love peacock feathers and projects! Thanks for sharing!

Esther
http://www.creativitymypassion.blogspot.com/

By the Bluegrass said...

LOVE! Thanks for the tutorial! Need to try it.
xo,
Sena

{ashley} said...

This such a cute and easy idea! I can't wait to make some for my living room!

Jenna @ SAS Interiors - Simple. Affordable. Stylish. said...

Your project is great and would love for you to link up to my Saturday Spotlight Linky Party @ SAS Interiors. Check it out this Saturday: http://www.sasinteriors.net/features/

Best,
Jenna, SAS Interiors
www.sasinteriors.net

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

Those are beautiful! Fabulous job! Thanks for linking up!

radn said...

those look pretty!

check out the giveaways on my blog tees and hair accessories for little kids.
http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/p/giveaways.html

Amanda said...

I've put together a round up of great wall art ieas on Craft Gossip today and included your post. :) You can see it here
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/25-awesome-wall-art-ideas/

If you would like a Craft Gossip badge showing you've been featured, you can grab one here :)
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/