11.05.2010

K-Bob the Turkey

Now, I know Thanksgiving is still 3 weeks away, but we might as well be looking ahead to the BIG MEAL and how we can infuse creativity into it! Here's a fun idea for you to consider...

Last year, my Quirky Girl and I made the coolest fruit “tray” to take to our huge family Thanksgiving celebration!
kabob turkeyMeet K-BOB!
Yes, we made a fruit, cheese, and pepperoni turkey!

  • Body = squash/gourd with long neck
  • Head = pear
  • Eyes = green grapes and raisins
  • Nose/Beak = red grape
  • Waddle = orange pepper slice
  • Head thingie = peperoni slices
  • Feathers = kabobs alternating red and green grapes, cheese cubes, and pepperoni slices
  • Feet = red pepper slices cut like claws
  • Displayed on a Thanksgiving-themed platter and garnished with generous bunches of red and green grapes.
kabob turkey 2I tell you, K-Bob was the star of the show at last year’s holiday dinner! And this guy is SO much fun to make with your kids! Now, I’ve gotta come up with something for this year…
Before I go, here’s a step-by-step tutorial to make a K-Bob of your own!
CY, Laurie

8 comments:

Lyndee said...

That is so cool!

BigD said...

That is so funny!
My kids would love to do this one!
I still need to find out if I have Thanksgiving at my house this year...
We tend to be a last-minute family.
But this would be fun to do!

Maria said...

Looks like fun. I would have a hard time eating it after all that work.

Marcia said...

What a great and nutritious idea!

the cape on the corner said...

that is too cute, and sure to be a hit at any holiday party!

Nikki said...

TOO cute!!!! What a centerpiece! Thanks so much for linking up to gettin' crafty on hump day! :)

Krystal's Kreations said...

I'm lovin this idea. I'll be making my own K-Bob turkey this year, thanks.

Michelle@Somedaycrafts said...

Super cute and fun. I am highlighting this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com